DPI awareness and version number not always handeled

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
oliwe

DPI awareness and version number not always handeled

Post by oliwe »

I've been using TwineCompile for a longer time - it is a great tool!!!
Two things that don't work for me.

1) The DPI awareness does not seem to be adopted correctly. Unfortunately I don't have a minimal example. But when I compile a large project at home and have compiled it the day before with a different monitor setting in the my office, the DPI settings are not correctly used. If I compile without TwineCompile from the RAD Studio IDE 11.3 it works. See https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-44075 for more information.

2) If I increment the version number in the project settings and do a make to TwineCompile, the version number is not (always) changed.

These are two minor problems, there are workarounds for them. But it would be great if someone took a look at it.
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: DPI awareness and version number not always handeled

Post by jomitech »

This is a very weird issue. My only guess is that sometimes, an outdated form resource is being linked. Can you try turning off the option "Compile files/projects without saving them" in the TwineCompile Plugin options and see if it makes a difference?

If it doesn't change anything, can you provide a test case to reproduce the issue?
Jon
oliwe

Post by oliwe »

I turned the option "Compile files/projects without saving them" off.
A first test afterwards was positive regarding problem 2).
I will continue to monitor this and will be able to say for sure in a few days whether the problem has completely disappeared.
oliwe

Post by oliwe »

The version number problem actually seems to be solved by turning off this option.
So far I no longer have any problems with DPI awareness.
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Good to know, thanks! So there are some issues with the virtual file system handling of the resource files (DFM and RES).
Jon