MSbuild Twinecompile build is taking more time

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
cdineshbe

MSbuild Twinecompile build is taking more time

Post by cdineshbe »

Hi Team,

I am using Twinecompile 5.5.1 in RAD studio 11.3. When I build my project in rad studio using Twinecompile it is finished in 7 to 10 mins. But when run the build using MSbuild command in RAD studio command prompt it is taking 3.5 hrs to complete the build.

MSBuild /t:Build m****.cbproj

I have added the target file in .cbproj file.

Am I missing something? please help.
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: MSbuild Twinecompile build is taking more time

Post by jomitech »

The simplest way to use TwineCompile in MSBuild on the command-line is to use the jtmake tool that ships with TwineCompile. It will automatically handle the project file changes (in-memory) so that compiling the project uses TwineCompile.

If you want to use TwineCompile directly with MSBuild (without using a separate tool like jtmake), make sure you put the TwineCompile targets import at the end of the project file, after the other CodeGear imports, so that it can override the properties set by those files.
Jon
cdineshbe

Post by cdineshbe »

Thanks for the immediate response.

Yes I have added the TCTargets110.targets path
<Import Project="C:\Program Files (x86)\JomiTech\TwineCompile\TCTargets110.targets"/> after codegear.cpp.targets line.

But still it is taking more time.(3.5hrs)
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Can you send the console output to support@jomitech.com? Something is preventing the TwineCompile targets from being executed.
Jon