TCompile fails on command line Win7/64 bit

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
dhdswew

TCompile fails on command line Win7/64 bit

Post by dhdswew »

Hi!

I have just migrated from WinXP32 to Win7/64 bit. Everything works fine - except twinecompile on on command line!
Twinecompile works great within the IDE, everything compiles very fast. But when trying to do the same on command line, an error occurs as shown by the log snippet below.

My System:
System: Intel i5-2400, 8GB RAM and a lot of space...
Windows 7 64 bit, German
Codegear RAD Studio 2009 Professional

The Log shows that no compiler executable is called. Look for the "-ide2009" option, there should be an executable in front of... When compiling inside the IDE there will be called the mtbcc32.exe correctly, but not at the command line. I was not able to figure out in which way the command line for the target is created or called.
I think there is an environment variable not correctly set. I also installed twinecompile to "C:\TwineCompile" to make shure that the spaces in "C:\programm files (x86)" are not causing the problem.

Thanks for your help

Greetings from germany,

Marco

PS: The log snippet:
-----------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

Ziel "TCCompile" in Datei "C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets":
              Die TCCompile-Aufgabe aus der C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\bin\JTBuildInterface09.dll-Assembly wird verwendet.
              TCCompile-Aufgabe
                Befehl:
                 -ide2009 -pch="DHDInfoFormatpch.h" -dep -D_DEBUG;STRICT;;INFORM_DIRECT -nDebug_Build -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\include";"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\include\vcl";"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\include\dinkumware";..\DHDUtil;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\ObjRepos\Cpp";"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\include\Indy10" -y -Q -b -k -6 -r- -c -xp  -tWM -tU -tW -Vx -Ve -He- -HiDHDInfoFormatpch.h -Hc -Hh=DHDInfoFormatpch.h -w-par -Od -v -vi- -H=Debug_Build\DHDInfoForm.pch -H DHDInfoMsgForm.cpp DHDInfoFormat.cpp DHDInfoDefinitions.cpp DHDInfoStackCount.cpp DHDInfoWatchDog.cpp DHDInfoIcons.cpp DHDProgressMonitor.cpp
                Die TCCompile-Aufgabe verwendet "bcc32" von "".
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018: Unerwarteter Fehler bei der TCCompile-Aufgabe.
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018: System.InvalidOperationException: Der Prozess kann nicht gestartet werden, da ein Dateiname nicht angegeben wurde.
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018:    bei Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String
commandLineCommands)
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018:    bei Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018:    bei Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute()
                C:\TwineCompile\TCTargets09.targets(98,5): error MSB4018:    bei Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)
              Ausführen der TCCompile-Aufgabe beendet - Fehler bei der Ausführung.
------------------
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: TCompile fails on command line Win7/64 bit

Post by jomitech »

Does the user have access to the following registry key?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JomiTech\TwineCompile\InstallPath
Jon
dhdswew

Post by dhdswew »

Hello Jomitech!

First: thanks for your answer. To your question:

I think so. I am a member of group "administrators". I was also running the console window explicitly as administrator which should give us access to the key, right?

Regards

dhdswew
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Use regedit to see if Administrator has the necessary permissions to read that key.
Jon
dhdswew

Post by dhdswew »

I tried that already, i was able to change that key.
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

What version of TwineCompile are you using?
Jon
dhdswew

Post by dhdswew »

i am using the latest version, V3.2.1.

Today we mentioned that on an other machine where CbuilderXE is installed that twinecompile is working as expected. On that machine (same OS and same hardware as my computer) the CBuilder was installed to a path which contains no "(x86)". Is it possible that the twinecompile-dll for Cbuilder2009 has problems with pathes containing such brackets?

regards
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

No, the TwineCompile MSBuild assembly has no issues with brackets in the path.

Try this:

1. Create a registry key called:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JomiTech\TwineCompile
Note that I've left out the Wow6432Node.

2. Create a string value called InstallPath in there, set to the TwineCompile path (C:\TwineCompile)

I'm figuring that the command-line build is running in 64-bit mode, so it won't be reading the Wow6432Node keys in the registry.
Jon
dhdswew

Post by dhdswew »

Thats it!

Thanks for your help!