Linker error - unresolved external since TC 5.3

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
QimiaoLu

Linker error - unresolved external since TC 5.3

Post by QimiaoLu »

Hi,

I have the linker error ([Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'xxxx' referenced from xxxx) since TC5.3. TC5.4 produced the same errors. If TC is disabled, all packages can be compiled successfully without such linker errors. Any help? Thanks.

Qimiao
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Linker error - unresolved external since TC 5.3

Post by jomitech »

Try turning off Parallel Project building in the TwineCompile options and see if that resolves this issue.
Jon
QimiaoLu

Post by QimiaoLu »

Turning off Parallel Project Building does not solve the issue. I did more investigation on the issue. My package B depends on package A. Package B uses the exported functions declared in Package A.

When I enable TC, I have no error in building Package A but get the link unresolved external error in buiding Package B.

When I disable TC, I can build both packages without such link error.

Firstly, I disable TC and rebuild Package A. Then I enable TC and build Package B successfuly without error.

The above-mentioned issue does not occur when I build the packages in WIN64 platform.

I am using TC 5.4 and RAD 11.1 now.
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

This sounds like a known issue with the IDE caching the package. TwineCompile does not have access to the IDE internals to force that cache to reset. We're trying to work with Embarcadero to get access to this.
Jon