Issue with C++ Builder 11.2 when building from a project group

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
Wobo

Issue with C++ Builder 11.2 when building from a project group

Post by Wobo »

If I build in C++Builder-IDE a project group (6 projects, with TC on), the 6 exes do not include the customized icons.
If I build only one project within this project group (with TC on), it builds the single, corresponding exe fine with the intended icon resource.

I verified this with switching off TwineCompile in the IDE and "Clean ALL", "Build All" from the project group...result: all exes build properly (ok, building took an eternity without TC).
Back, switching on TwineCompile, "Clean ALL", "Build All" from the project group...result: all exes do not have the expected icon (and exes are a bit shorter, about the size of the icon file).

Additionally I built the project group outside IDE with msbuild...result: all exes built properly with the expected icons in it.

So it seems to me, there is an issue with TwineCompile when building all projects of a project group in the IDE.

TC: 5.4.0.14 (latest found in https://my.embarcadero.com)
C++ Builder 11.2

Please fix this in TwineCompile, so that a release build over all projects in a project group in the IDE can be done at once (with use of TC).

Kind Regards
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Issue with C++ Builder 11.2 when building from a project group

Post by jomitech »

Apologies for the lack of response on this issue - for some reason, the notification was not sent over. Try turning off parallel project builds in the IDE (leave the multi-threading compile enabled), and see if that resolves this issue.
Jon