Builder 12

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
nightman

Builder 12

Post by nightman »

Hi,
When can TwinCompiler for Biulder 12.0 be expected ?
Any plans?
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Builder 12

Post by jomitech »

Yes, we are planning to release TwineCompile 5.6 with full support for RAD Studio 12.0 in a next few days. Just wrapping the new release up.
Jon
Daytona675x

Post by Daytona675x »

@jomitech
Great to hear, thanks for the info!
I'll wait with any C++ Builder 12 installation attempt until the new TwineCompile is available because it doesn't make any sense to even try without :roll: ;)
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

TwineCompile 5.6 has been released for C++Builder 12.0. It is available for download via the GetIt Package Manager for anyone with an active Update Subscription to RAD Studio. Or can be downloaded from our site with a TwineCompile 5.x license.
Jon
nightman

Post by nightman »

I confirm availability. It has been downloaded, installed. Without this tool, playing with Builder is a very bumpy road.
Thank you.
Richard_008

Post by Richard_008 »

I cannot use jtmake.exe with C++ builder 12. I get the following error:
Image 1816.png
(25.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I have upgraded the project files to 20.1 (by opening them in Embarcadero 12 and saving the project file). TwineCompile works perfectly in the IDE. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or something is wrong in jtmake.exe. I do still have C++ Builder 11.3 installed on my computer.
And because I suspected something went wrong with TwineCompile being double installed, I removed TwineCompile completely and only installed it with IDE 12, but now I cannot use the option -ide110 anymore because the required files are no longer present. Why is the TwineCompile install not backwards compatible with (one) previous version of the IDE?
Attachments
Image 1817.png
(44.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Apologies for that issue with jtmake. Please download the following file and extract into the TwineCompile Program Files directory to resolve it.

https://jomitech.com/downloads/jtmake.zip
Richard_008 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:07 am Why is the TwineCompile install not backwards compatible with (one) previous version of the IDE?
The GetIt packages are intentionally small and targeted at just the IDE they're being installed into. There are no issues with installing a newer version of TwineCompile on top of an older one, that is how we recommend handling multiple IDE versions. Install into 11.3 first, then install into 12.0 (in the same directory)
Jon
Richard_008

Post by Richard_008 »

Thanks! Now it works!

Ah, thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.
nightman

Post by nightman »

When I close Builder 12 ( RAD Studio 12 ) with TwineCompiler installed it causes the bds.exe application to crash with the event noted in the event log. The module causing the error "VA_X_RS.dll" Uninstalling TwineCompiler solves the problem. Re-installing again generates the problem. Is it possible to do something about this problem from the TwinCompiler side or is this another "invention" of embarcadero?
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Unfortunately this is a known issue with TwineCompile 5.6. Something changed in the IDE shutdown logic that makes the crash happen when the plugin is shut down. It appears to be some type of AV due to an object reference being accessed after it is freed.

We're still trying to figure out where and what it is.
Jon