Compiling modified code

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
Tracer

Compiling modified code

Post by Tracer »

If I change the code in editor and press "Run", the compiler will not re-compile the modified unit unless I previously save it. I already checked the option "Compile files/projects without saving them". Also, even if I manually try to compile, the compiler will disregard code changes I made after my last save. I am forced to previously save the unit if I want to compile the code changes.

Also, if I just create a new project (without saving) and try to compile it I get:
[C++ Error] TCTargets103.targets(664, 5): MSB6006 "mtbcc32" exited with code 1.

Even after I save the project I get the same error.
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Compiling modified code

Post by jomitech »

If you want the files to be saved before compiling, uncheck the option "Compile files/projects without saving them".

For the other error, can you provide the entire console output from the Compile Window?
Jon
Tracer

Post by Tracer »

Preparing...
SORTA Compiling...
Build started 19.4.2019. 15:46:48.

Target MakeObjs:
Target TCInitFileList:
Deleting file "C:\Users\Željko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\twfiles.@@@".
Compiling C++ files...
Target TCCompile:
C:\Program Files (x86)\JomiTech\TwineCompile\mtbcc32.exe -ide103 -dep -priority-1 -clang -files="C:\Users\Željko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\twfiles.@@@"
JomiTech TwineCompile 5.0 - Copyright JomiTech 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Compiling 3 files...
Embarcadero C++ 7.40 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993-2018 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1PCH1.h
Project1PCH1.h: (0) 0 of 0
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1PCH1.h
Error: error reading 'C:\Users\┼Żeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1PCH1.h'
Embarcadero C++ 7.40 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993-2018 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Unit1.cpp
Unit1.cpp: (2) 0 of 0
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1.cpp
Project1.cpp: (1) 0 of 0
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Unit1.cpp
C:\Users\Äeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1.cpp
Error: error reading 'C:\Users\┼Żeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Unit1.cpp'
Error: error reading 'C:\Users\┼Żeljko\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project1.cpp'

Compiled 3 files in 0,44 secs.
Errors during compile.
C:\Program Files (x86)\JomiTech\TwineCompile\TCTargets103.targets(664,5): error MSB6006: "mtbcc32" exited with code 1.
Done building target "TCCompile" in project "Project1.cbproj" -- FAILED.
Done building target "MakeObjs" in project "Project1.cbproj" -- FAILED.

Done building project "Project1.cbproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

C:\Program Files (x86)\JomiTech\TwineCompile\TCTargets103.targets(664,5): error MSB6006: "mtbcc32" exited with code 1.
0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.59
Finished SORTA Compile.
---------------------------------------------------------------

It seams that my Windows username folder (Željko) is what is causing the problem. If I move the project folder to say C:\ compiling is then not a problem.
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Yes, that directory name will definitely be causing the issue. TwineCompile doesn't really support Unicode paths at this time.
Jon