Internal Compiler Error question

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
CB _user

Internal Compiler Error question

Post by CB _user »

I watched the TwineCompile webinar and I installed a copy from Getit. I have the latest C++Builder 10.4 update 1 with all the patches. My TwineCompile is Version: 5.2.2.258. I am using a 64 bit VCL project for Windows desktop.

When TwineCompile builders my project I get an error in one file that says Internal Compiler Error 0 @ 00000000. There should be an attached picture. This does not give me much information to work with for fixing this. Do you have any suggestions? Any setting changes I might try? When I use the normal C++Builder compiler it works OK.
ICE.png
(26.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Internal Compiler Error question

Post by jomitech »

This is very interesting. The compiler is definitely crashing with an access violation. Can you try two separate things:

1. Turn off file caching in the TwineCompile options and try compiling that file.

2. Compile the project on the command-line using MSBuild directly (without TwineCompile).
Jon
CB _user

Post by CB _user »

1) I turned off the caching in the TW options and the result was the same with the Internal Compiler Error. I build for release and debug. There should be a picture below showing the results.

2) I used the Rad Studio Command Prompt to run MSBuild. The release build and debug build both worked. I attached pictures of this.

3) The file that causes the error in TwineCompile is named ind_Setup.cpp and I have included a screen shot of the MSBuild compile information for this file. These pictures are below.

If there is any logging or diagnostic information I can get you let me know.
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Thanks for the detailed information. This clearly points to some sort of issue with the way TwineCompile is invoking CLANG.

Can you send the complete output of the IDE's Build output window (from an IDE compile) and the twfiles.@@@ file (from a TwineCompile compile) to support@jomitech.com? This will allow me to compare the compiler options being passed in for this specific file.

Also, can you send the cbproj project file for this project?
Jon
DeveloperAcstre

Post by DeveloperAcstre »

Any updates on this issue?
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

We have been communicating directly to try to find why this specific file is crashing the compiler. So far no leads unfortunately.

Are you encountering the same issue as well? If so, can you see if you can isolate it to a small test project and send it to support@jomitech.com ? At this point, the more data/test cases we have, the better.
Jon