C++ Builder XE partialy not work

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
macma

C++ Builder XE partialy not work

Post by macma »

Hi,

I have install TwineCompile 3.3.1.231 on Rad Studio XE (15.0.3953.35171).
I see TwineCompile in IDE menu but it's not working.
When I try to make, or build project the TwineCompile is not appear (only default compiler windows).
I's only work when I press ALT+F9 (compile) or save files (SORTA compile).

I try to install on clena IDE (on Virtual Machine) and it's work even after I install some experts that I use like:

IDEFixPackXEReg491
DDevExtensions25
GExperts for RAD Studio XE 1.36
EurekaLog

Any help appreciated.
Best Regards
macma
macma

Re: C++ Builder XE partialy not work

Post by macma »

Hi

I found that the reason of the problem was Version Insight Plus Setup 8 Beta.
I have to remove form registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\8.0\Known IDE Packages]
"C:\\Program Files\\VersionInsight\\DesignIDEPro150.bpl"="(Untitled)"

Is there someone how can use TwineCompile and Version Insight Plus together?

Best regards,
macma
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

I'll investigate this and try to figure out why Version Insight is preventing TwineCompile from receiving the make/build commands.
Jon
macma

Post by macma »

Hi,

Any news with this issue. I get some information about Version Insight Plus here https://sourceforge.net/projects/radstu ... dex/page/1
The DesignIDEPro package does hook @Projectgroupbuilder@BuildProjects$qqrp29Projectintf@TProjectBuildListrx22Compintf@TBuildControl in the coreide package (coreide150.bpl/coreide160.bpl). Maybe the TwineCompile issue is related to that. I can install multiple plugins that hook that method and all do work correctly. In order to find out if that hook is the reason for the TwineCompile failure you could modify the @Projectgroupbuilder@BuildProjects$qqrp29Projectintf@TProjectBuildListrx22Compintf@TBuildControl string with a hex editor in designidepro150.bpl/designidepro160.bpl. Note it is an unicode string and changing a single char of it would be enough to prevent that hook from being installed.
I go with that suggestion and TwineCompile start to work
Best regards,
macma
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

TwineCompile does hook that method, using madCodeHook. There's obviously a conflict between the hooking methods used, causing TwineCompile's hook to be lost.
Jon
macma

Post by macma »

I have similar problem with EurekaLog (look at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=997) which hooks some events also. I try to debug bds.exe to check the load order and after that all starts to work twine compile, eurekalog. But after restart IDE it stop working like before. I can't reproduce it any more because I switch some options in the mean time like enable/disable SORTA etc. (I don't remember all)

Maybe there is problem with madCodeHook because the load order is

DesignIDEPro150.bpl
TwineCompilePlugin2011.bpl.
ExceptionExpert15.bpl

When I disable TwineCompile other plug-ins work correctly.

Regards,
Macma
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Most likely the hooking method used by DesignIDEPro150.bpl is incompatible with madCodeHook, so it prevents TwineCompile from working.

I've added a reply to that thread on SourceForge. We'll have to see what they say.
Jon