Static libraries

TwineCompile - Cut C++Builder compile times by up to 50x!
TKrauss

Static libraries

Post by TKrauss »

I cannot build static libraries with XE2 and latest TC...

There are errors with package version (with dynamic libraries these errors don't appear) and wrong TLIB parameters!

What can I do?

TLIB Error:
[MSBuild Error] TCTargetsXE2.targets: MSB4064 The "LibraryFile" parameter is not supported by the "TLIB" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.
[MSBuild Error] TCTargetsXE2.targets: MSB4063 The "TLIB" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.
jomitech
Site Admin

Re: Static libraries

Post by jomitech »

What version of XE2 are you using?
Jon
TKrauss

Post by TKrauss »

The latest one: Update 3
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Extract the attached file into the BDS\bin folder. It should fix this issue.
Attachments
TCTargetsXE2.zip
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 1719 times
Jon
TKrauss

Post by TKrauss »

Thank you! Works like a charm...
WindSolutions

Post by WindSolutions »

Exact same problem here but the above fix doesn't work. RAD Studio XE2 update 4.

Any clue?
WindSolutions

Post by WindSolutions »

I dug a bit further and found the cause of the bug. I checked the Messages > Output memo to find the following:

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\bin\bcc32.exe -D_DEBUG -D_RTLDLL;USEPACKAGES -nWin32\Debug -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\include\boost_1_39\boost\tr1\tr1";"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\include\boost_1_39";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include\dinkumware";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include\windows\crtl";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include\windows\sdk";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include\windows\rtl";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\include\windows\vcl";"C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD16";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\RaveReports\Lib";"C:\Program Files (x86)\Raize\CS5\Lib\RS-XE2\Win32";"C:\VCLExts\TJD\BuilderXe2";"C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\9.0\hpp" -y -Q -k -6 -r- -c -tW -C8 -oWin32\Debug\sqlite3.obj -w-par -Od -v -vi- -H=Win32\Debug\sqlite_XE2.pch -H sqlite3.c

The following folder did not exist and was causing the error: C:\VCLExts\TJD\BuilderXe2. I deleted the folder from Tools > Options > C++ Options > Paths and Directories, restarted the IDE and bug was fixed. Maybe it is possible to check the various paths and not add the invalid ones?
jomitech
Site Admin

Post by jomitech »

Glad you figured it out. The folder handling is part of the Embarcadero MSBuild code, but I'll see if I can make TC check the paths before they're passed to the compiler/linker/librarian.
Jon